About latest sport news!
Mar 18 2020
- FOOTBALL: Euro 2020 has been postponed until 2021.
- HORSE RACING: All racing in Great Britain will be suspended from Wednesday until the end of April.
- TENNIS: French Open postponed until September.
- ATHLETICS: Diamond League postpones the first three meetings of the 2020 season, scheduled for Qatar and China.
- BASKETBALL: The British Basketball League postpones the 2019/20 season until further notice.
- CRICKET: England cricketer Alex Hales is in self-isolation after developing coronavirus symptoms following his return to the UK from playing in the Pakistan Super League.
- CRICKET: Pakistan Super League is postponed, on the day the semi-finals were due to take place.
- CYCLING: The Tour de Yorkshire, scheduled to take place between 30 April and 3 May, is postponed with no new date yet announced.
- CYCLING: The sport's governing body, the UCI, postponed the prestigious one-day races Paris-Roubaix and Liege-Bastogne-Liege. Paris-Roubaix was due to be held on 12 April, with Liege-Bastogne-Liege two weeks later. The Fleche Wallone - one of the Ardennes classics - set for 22 April was also cancelled.
- DIVING: The Fina Diving World Series finale, which was scheduled to take place at the London Aquatics Centre between 27-29 March, is postponed.
- EQUESTRIAN: British Eventing cancels all fixtures with immediate effect, a fortnight after its scheduled eight-month season began.
- FOOTBALL: Liverpool announce the final Hillsborough memorial service, due to take place at Anfield on 15 April, is postponed.
- FOOTBALL: The two-legged play-off between Cameroon & Chile for a place at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, initially scheduled for April, is postponed.
- MIXED MARTIAL ARTS: UFC president Dana White says the next three fight nights are postponed.
- SNOOKER: World Snooker postpones the Coral Tour Championship in Llandudno, which was set to begin on Tuesday.
- SURFING: World Surf League cancels or postpones all events until at least the end of May.
- TRIATHLON: British Triathlon, Triathlon England, Triathlon Scotland and Welsh Triathlon suspend organised triathlon activity until at least 30 April.
- CRICKET: ECB to meet on Thursday to look at possible rescheduling the cricket summer. The County Championship season is scheduled to start on 12 April, but counties are due to play fixtures from 2 April in preparation.
- BOXING: All boxing events cancelled until the start of April by the British Boxing Board of Control.
- ATHLETICS: Club training sessions, events, competitions, club committee and face-to-face meetings, athlete camps, running groups and social events are suspended in England, Scotland and Wales.
- DARTS: The forthcoming PDC Development Tour events on 21-22 March and the Players Championship weekend on 28-29 March are postponed.
- GYMNASTICS: The women's European Championships set for the end of April in Paris and the men's event in Baku at the end of May are cancelled by the European Gymnastics Union.
- TRAMPOLINE: The European Trampoline Championships in Sweden from 7-10 May are called off.
- HORSE RACING: The 146th Kentucky Derby in the United States will be rescheduled from 2 May to 5 September.
- FOOTBALL: The African Nations Championship, for players who are based in Africa, is postponed.
Share with your friends.