About latest sport news: Coronavirus
Mar 20 2020
19 March: Coronavirus
- DARTS: The Professional Darts Corporation announces the Players Championship double-headers and Unicorn Challenge Tour weekend planned during April have been postponed.
- FOOTBALL: English football is suspended until 30 April at the earliest, with the end of the 2019-20 season extended indefinitely.
- FOOTBALL: Borussia Monchengladbach's players and coaching staff accept pay cuts during the coronavirus crisis.
- FOOTBALL: The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) suspends its football league for four weeks due to the outbreak.
- FOOTBALL: Major League Soccer extends the suspension of all matches, with a target return date of 10 May.
- FOOTBALL: The Turkish Super Lig is suspended - the last major European league to do so.
- FOOTBALL: Rotherham manager Paul Warne confirms two of his players are in self-isolation after displaying symptoms of coronavirus.
- FORMULA 1: The Monaco Grand Prix is cancelled and the Dutch and Spanish Grands Prix are postponed, with F1 bosses also announcing a delay to new regulations planned for 2021.
- HOCKEY: Great Britain's FIH Pro League games on 2-3 May and 16-17 May are postponed.
- MOTORSPORT: The Southern 100 road races due to take place in July on the Isle of Man are cancelled.
- NFL: New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton tests positive for coronavirus, the first known case in the NFL.
Share with your friends.